Followers

Sunday, January 5, 2020

It's my Birthday today.




Well, today it is snowing and it looks like it will be going on all day but that is okay because today is a special day for me. It is my 71st birthday today. I got flowers yesterday from my loving kids Crystal and son-in-law Brett and from hubby too. Carnations from David and a banquet of different flowers from Crystal and Brett.

Jasmine has to smell the flowers and then she will leave them alone. She loves flowers.







Here are 3 different sides of the banquet to show you all the lovely different flowers.


These are the carnations that hubby gave me. I put them in two different vases. He got me a nice chocolate cake and a lovely card.










I got a lovely parcel from June at Christmas and waited to open it today. I love the party Cats, all dressed up  for a party.




June sent me her owl, I told her how much I love him and hope she still had the chart, but she could not find it so she sent me this lovely guy. I just love him. Thanks June.







She also sent me a chart of an Indian maiden, I will show two pics, so you can see her better.






June also sent me these cute candle buttons. Ive never seen buttons that look like candles before. What a treat.


She also sent a little box that has the fixings to make a mirror with these cross stitched flowers. All you need to make this was in this little box. how wonderful.









I was over on LindaLee's  blog Lov'N My Stitches the other day and she said she has done it three times and was going to do it again. I did it once and gave it away so I told her I was going to do it too. I decided to start that day and I have done since last Sunday.



I've been working on this every night while watching TV. I know the top of the flower is wrong and I will fix it at the end of the stitching. I just want to keep going until it is finished and then go over to my friend at the Fabric Store and get some nice fabric for the back.


I forgot to show you the lovely gifts June gave me for Christmas. Allot of  little packages to stitch. she gave me the little bear and fridge magnet of Dartmoor and a ginger bread man, and Christmas napkins with Santa on them.









I forgot to tell you guys that June also sent me a Cats and Kittens calendar for 2020.


Jasmine wants to wish all her kitty and puppy friends in Blogland to have a Happy New Year.





Well, I think this blog is long enough for now. I do hope you all are having a great weekend. I have to sit down and think of where I want to go for supper. Oh, I forgot to show you guys my new winter boots from hubby. I am also getting a new wallet that is in the mail coming in next thursday. Here is a pic of the boots. I haven't had winter boots for so long because I always wore the safety shoes or rubber boots that Loretta gave me.





They are rated for -40 and are fur lined outside and inside. I will be wearing them tonight for the first time outside in the snow. I have had them on inside and they fit great. I am glad I got a size bigger than my regular shoe size because I bought them online at Walmart and I was afraid they may not fit if I got size 8 so opted for size 9. Was a good idea. The boots fit perfect.

Well, everyone have a great day, and thanks for dropping bye. Big hugs.


































8 comments:

  1. LindaRuth: What a wonderful day today is, Happy Birthday, I hope your dinner out was a fantastic meal.
    You have so many wonderful gifts.
    I do like the design you are working on.
    The boots are beautiful.
    Blondie The cat says Happy New Year to Jasmine.

    Happy Birthday
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday dear friend ,
    Love the beautiful flowers from your family and your new boots from Dave .
    Lovely new stitching
    Enjoy your week and a Happy New Year .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday dear Lynda Ruth! You certainly got many wonderful gifts! You are very well loved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Love the flowers and kitty photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday, what lovely gifts you received. Your boots look very cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the boots and all the goodies you received! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday to you! Great flowers, and lots of lovely gifts. Your boots look very cosy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post, and I'm so sorry that I missed wishing you a great day on your birthday. Beautiful flowers and all the nice things that June sent and did for you as well. She must be a dear friend. You're moving right along on the chart and I like the color you chose. Beautiful flowers! Thank you so much for mentioning my blog my dear lady. I'll be grabbing a name out of a hat this Friday! Happy late birthday. Hugs and Stitches

    ReplyDelete