Followers

Monday, January 13, 2020

Mid January







It's mid January and I thought you would like to see a picture of the red foxes that live in New Brunswick. I know it is only a puzzle picture but the real ones are hard to find this time of year.

I have been to my pain doctor and he is pleased that the pain in my back is gone for now. He said I could call him any time it returns for another shot. I told him about my right knee and the hurt it is causing my right hip. He has sent a request to the doctor who did my knee surgery and hopefully in the near future I can get an appointment and get this knee fixed. I have a hard time with the knee pain and it takes a couple of days to stop hurting after I have walked for any distance like the lower parking lot of the hospital to the 2nd floor to see the doctor and back down and to my car again. Bye that time my back and knee are hurting allot. Then I am lame for atleast 3 or 4 days later.

I go to see Dr. Moses, my doctor who helps me with my depression. I now only see him once a year but I do take pills all the time. He and his secretary like the dish clohes  that I knit and I have done 2 each for them plus some homemade cookies which they love to get. I like to give them these things.




I found a whole basket more of the wool I use to make the dish clothes so I can make more for later.
Why is it roses never last very long. No matter if they are in a banquet or in a vase they do not last in this house.

 Yet the carnations go on and on forever.


 We got rain and snow on the weekend and it looks very pretty. Good thing Dave is not working for the winter so he can go out whenever he feels like it to take care of the snow in the driveway.








 LindaLee I had to stop stitching this so I could get some dishclothes done but now I will be going back to finishing this project. I am not going to add all the starry stitches. I want it to look uncluttered.






 Miss Jasmine wants to say HELLO to all her kitty and puppy friends in Blogland and wish them all a happy week.


Well, I am off for now. I am trying a new idea I got last night. I made up to loaves of bread in the bread machine. I just made the dough. I have a very large bread pan and want to see if I can make a very large loaf in it. So far the dough is rising nicely in the warm oven. I will take pictures later and show next time how it turned out. Hope you all have a great week. Tons of love to you all. Bye for now.




9 comments:

  1. Good luck with the bread, hello to Miss Jasmine from Furio and Milo here in Melbourne, Australia and I am so sorry to hear about the pain that you are in. I hope that you can get it under control soon. Pretty colour on the house you are stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snow photos are so lovely! And that red fox--wow, that must be quite a sight to see a real live one! Hope your pain lessens a bit--that must be so hard to deal with chronic pain, I'm sure. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LyndaRuth: The snow is falling here just a little we are suppose to get 3 inch's ick.
    We have red fox here they dig in the snow on the golf course for the mice, its fun to watch them.
    Your Sampler is very pretty using that color thread.
    I know what you mean about the rose's it is just not fair they will not last.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely wintery pictures, we don't get much snow here, your sampler looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post and photos .
    Cut your roses at a angle and dip into boiling water quick.
    Change water often this should help .
    I can get two weeks from them sometimes three .
    But they are not the best indoors the Christmas rose only lasts a day.
    your dish cloths are a real treat I use my ones every day.
    Hope all goes well with the doctor . hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the snowy photos, everything looks so peaceful with snow on the ground.
    I've been knitting dishcloths this week too :-) There is something very satisfying about using a knitted cloth :-)
    I sympathise with your knee pain, I have a torn meniscus and a bakers cyst, both on my left knee, although mine is more painful after I've been sitting for a while, I cease up! Hope you get some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear that you're in so much pain, I hope you can get your knee sorted out soon. I always use knitted dishcloths, I like them so much more than store bought ones and they seem to last so much longer too. Lovely snow photos, we haven't had any here at all yet this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Lynda Ruth! Love all the pictures on this post. I'm keeping you in my prayers day and night for relief from all the pain you've been going through. Hope the doctor can do something soon for your knee. I too take an antidepressant and my husband, Bill does as well. What a difference they have made! It was only about three days after I started taking mine, about five years ago now, when I realized how beautiful the sunny morning was as we were headed into New Bern. I don't think I had, had that same feeling for a good three years before that day. It's such a shame that people who suffer from depression, so often, feel ashamed of it. If only they would talk to a doctor and get help. God bless them.
    What a sweet thing to do with the dish cloths and home baked goodies. I also knit the same cloths and give them as Christmas gifts. My little daughter-in-law always looks forward to them.
    Love Miss Jasmine. I have a cat, TinyGirl and two dogs. Riley and Guthrie. I just think everyone should have a fur baby or two!
    Your sampler is coming right along and I think leaving the stars out is a good idea.
    You take care and have a weekend full of blessings my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What amazing snowy pictures - is that plow yours? I love the knitted dishcloths; what a thoughtful gift too. I hope your bread went well x

    ReplyDelete