Followers

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Snow day


 

 

I am sadden this week to hear of the passing of a dear friend of mine who lived in the states. She died on the 29th of December. She is now in Heaven with her husband Frank. I know she is happy now, she has missed him so much since his passing. You know you get use to someone being there all the time for you and when they pass you have a whole in your heart that just can't be filled. Rest in peace dear Reba, I will miss you as will others.






Well, we did not have snow for Christmas or New Years but do have some now from yesterday and last night. About a few feet to remove. Dave is out doing that now and I am taking a break from vacuuming the living room and dusting. I am feeling a lot better and hope I get a lot of my strength back and can do more since being in hospital last year. I have a blood test on Tuesday which is my birthday too. Oh, to be young again, oh well, if all I have to worry about is sore feet for walking on them too much and trying to get my blood thinners working with the right numbers so I don't have to have blood taken every week but once a month I will be a happy camper.





The snow was up about 3 feet is some places. 


Dave just came in a looked at the living room, you sure tore this room apart, he said. Well, it has not had a good vacuum for awhile so I moved furniture and did the job. Now I just have to put it all back.



I have always wanted to do the flowers of the month but keep putting it off, June sent me this pillow for my birthday on the 5th of January and I decided to start February, I have all the charts so I think they will be my sal to myself this year.

Here is February, not alot done on it just started. The charts are 63 by 63 so they should stitch up pretty easy in the evenings.


I have been working on the red house and it is coming along really nicely.





I have started the Sal that I am doing with June. Not allot done. Will work on it tonight.


Well, that's all for now, I got to go and finish the living room. Not allot to do. 

Hope you all have a great Sunday. Hope everyone has a great new year. All the best for 2021. 

Bye for now. Big hugs.



5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to read of the passing of your friend. You've certainly had some snow. The pillow from June is lovely, good luck with your 2021 stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow look at your snow I can see Dave's outside .
    Lovely write up for Reba .
    Love your new starts such a pretty SAL.
    Happy Birthday for tomorrow , and a HAPPY NEW YEAR for you and Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about your dear friend Reba.
    Am I reading correctly that your birthday is tomorrow? Well I hope you have a very good one then my friend! Happy New Year to you and Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to read about Reba... I had briefly corresponded with her about 10 years ago and she seemed like such a sweet woman. There have just been so many sad deaths over this past year...

    Lovely stitching and I want to wish you a Happy Birthday on the 5th of January--mine is the 16th. Not the best time of year to celebrate a birthday, but I hope you have a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A belated Happy Birthday. I hope that your blood results were good.

    ReplyDelete