Followers

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Hello Sunday






Another Sunday is rolling by, and I am still here. Some days I feel good and others I feel weak and tired. I try to rest as much as possible and stay home allot. We go once  at the start of the month for a big grocery and then get milk and whatever we need each coming week. Dave goes out mostly, I still stay home because of getting over my operation 2 months ago. I have to be careful and stay away from any one with a cold or fever.

I have been baking and my friend Loretta's sister Barb found some yeast for us. Should be enough to last for awhile. Not the regular stuff I use but it works very well. It came in a pound package that is hard as a rock but once you open it, it becomes soft and you see the yeast. I put it in a mason jar and into the fridge for safe keeping and for it's health.

I cleaned the fish the first of the month and got a new filter system to use in the tank and so far the tank is as clean as it was the day I finished cleaning it and I am very happy that I don't have to clean it every couple of weeks.

 This is the new system I put into my tank and I love the way it works. I use to spend an hour cleaning the fish and then trying to get them back into their tank and ending up soaked from the big cat fish splashing in the sink. And my back took a betting too. It's so nice to just watch them swimming around in their tank chasing each other and not getting stressed out.





The two tank photo's show how clean the tank is after 3 weeks. I ordered new filters for the system and they should show up on Monday, They where suppose to show up Friday but nothing came.



I got some lovely flowers for Mother's Day









I got a new dishwasher and Dave is hooking up the water system to it. It is a lovely dishwasher. I hope it lasts 15 years like the last one did.


We just went for a lovely Sunny Sunday drive and just got back so I am going to finish writing this blog, While we where away Jasmine had a nice Sunday nap on her favorite couch.                        




 




This is the first of April and my rhubarb is just coming up.







This is how my garden looks today. Can you see how big my rhubarb is now. Where those lines are I have planted some seeds and the pie tin keeps the birds away. They don't like the noise it makes.




This is the greenhouse when it is open. I do have some vegetables in it. I planted peas and beans in containers on the top shelf and will transplant when they get a couple of inches high. Second shelf has cucumbers and three kinds of tomato's. Third shelf has some herbs and some cabbage, and the fourth shelf has some sweet peas and something else that I can't remember what at the moment.




Well, this is all for now. I am going to have bbq pork chops and potato's for supper since it is such a nice day out. Hope you all have great day. Bye the way the flowers in the header are from my garden, they popped up this spring. Nice to have alittle purple in the garden.
 Till next time be safe, be well and be happy. Big hugs from New Brunswick.

2 comments:

  1. LyndaRuth: So nice to see a post from you, Happy Mothers day, beautiful flowers.
    A new dishwasher always feels good, some do last a long time some not so.
    Beautiful rhubarb, I hope you make some really sweet desserts with the stalks.
    Have a beautiful week.
    Blondie say hello to Jasmine.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is looking very productive well done .
    We have a new dish washer and because Ron washes up it's never been used !
    I used my old one all the time , he thinks he is quicker ha.
    Sorry to hear you are not to well some days .
    Enjoy your week hugs.

    ReplyDelete