Followers

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Getting ready to plant.




Hello everyone, how are you doing on this second to last Wednesday afternoon in April, which is going by very quickly and it will soon be May and my husband's birthday on the second. I guess no going out for dinner that night but I will go out and bring some dinner back to him.

I am getting bored of being inside so much that it is harder to sleep at night because I am not tired. We have been working outside when it is warm enough like yesterday to make me a proper vegetable garden by the house. Dave put in some boards around the edges to keep the grass out and the veg's in.



This is a before after we dug up most of the grass and poppy plants that where taking over this space. It was a garden before and I want another one in the same place now that I am feeling better and a lot more healthier.








This is the garden as of yesterday, we where going to go into town to get more black top soil but it is so cold out today and it was just snowing alittle when I started this blog so I told Dave that tomorrow was a better day to go. So he went to the garage to change the tires on my car from winter to summer.







I think this will be a nice garden and I will keep you abreast of it as the months go by. I think planting seeds should wait until May when it is suppose to get warmer weather.
 I do need allot more soil, we figured about 16 bags more should do to cover this area of 48 square feet.


I got a call from my Dr. Breault the other night and he asked how I was doing because I can't go to see him just yet. He told me that the kidney was cancer but we got it all and hopefully it will not come back. I will see him again in 6 months and have a scan done on where the kidney was to see how things are going. So far the middle scar has healed nicely and the other smaller ones have healed good too. I got to have a nice shower today, was not suppose to until two months where up. It felt good to stand in the tub and let the water run down over me and stand up to wash my hair. Sinks aren't much fun. It hurts the back bending over.







 
We went out for a drive on Monday and it was great to get out of the house and enjoy an hour in the country driving around. Even some bikers where out having a day of fun in the warm sunshine. With the gas price being 74. cents a litre it's a good time to go for a drive. I can't believe how low the gas and oil prices are these days.


But, Main street was another story, a few cars but no people walking by. Usually this place is packed with all kinds of people and cars and busy business, but now it is almost like a ghost town. Not quite but sure is getting close to it in many ways.                                                                                           

 I don't even feel like stitching much, I am making myself some bagels today and maybe a loaf of bread. I have to find a place to get yeast because Fleishmann's is out of it at the moment. I read on line this morning that they are out of yeast, bottles and package papers. They usually bump up their production in November and December for Christmas but since this virus started the demand has been so great for yeast to make homemade items that they are having a very hard time keeping up and a shortage of workers too is also the problem, but they hope to have some soon in a couple of months.

Well, I have to go now will talk to you all later. Be well, be safe and be happy. Big hugs from New Brunswick.                                                                                                                                                 








4 comments:

  1. Your garden will be great , are you going to grow flowers or veg or maybe both.
    Love your header .
    That is such good news from your doctor .
    When will your spring start ? looks like our summer is already here , it's in it's 20s most days now.
    But I hope it does not go cold again , now I have packed my winter cloths away ha.
    Take care and stat safe .

    ReplyDelete
  2. LyndaRuth: I love gardening, I am looking forward to seeing your plants pop up and show their beauty, there is nothing like fresh vegetables.
    It is very good news that they got all the cancer, that would be so scary, i still have you on our prayer list for the ill and recovering.
    When I had surgery back in the 90s three times a shower felt like a Christmas Present.
    Stay Healthy

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news that they got it all, it is nice to have a shower again isn't it. Your garden looks great but don't do too much. My Dr rang Friday to say they got all my breast tumour out - doesn't it lift a weight. Stay safe, stay well x x

    ReplyDelete