Followers

Friday, July 26, 2019

The heat has made my babies grow.


I planted these trees in 2013 when they where no more than a foot high. After 6 years they are well established and getting bigger than me. I am going to put little white lights on them for Christmas. I have been waiting patiently for them to get bigger enough to do that. I saved them from a over grown forest and not they have rewarded me with their beauty and height. I nurtured from babies in a pot for a year and then planted when they had a good root ball. I am very proud of them.









We had to get our septic tank cleaned out and one of our neighbours George arranged to have 8 of us on our road get our tanks all done in one day with a $30.00 discount. It was well worth it.               




You know the husband always has to supervise the work,


This young man is part of the family business at 25, he is a hard worker.


Guess they needed a closer look. Men.



 We went for a drive on the weekend and this is what we saw when we went to Parrsoro.
 A very nice little light house.


Anyone care to sit in these chairs. Not very big.


I just love what they did with the garbage can.

Just a wee harbour by the small park with had a nice restaurant.


I saw someone sailing on the other side of the harbour.


Even saw a man paddling on a surf board.



My fish got a good cleaning thur the week, I got tired of looking at a dirty tank, so they got cleaned up really good. Took out the fish, the plants, the cave and the rest and washed all the pepples and wiped down the tank and then put in fresh water, treated it and then got the fish back. they had a great time exploring the tank. they always think its a new place. I like to change it up for them.




I have been working on my lighthouse stitch.




Haven't got allot done on the craft room.


Remember the chart I found to do for my grandsons. Well, I was having trouble getting the right floss colours to match the chart and stopped for awhile. Yesterday, I found the whole chart plus the floss chart for this pattern on Pinterest and decided to start over again. Carla knows it will be a Christmas gift so I have lots of time to restart and get it finished in time for Christmas. I do have 5 months.



Yes, I made more bagels yesterday, I stopped buying them from the bagel shop and now just make my own. It only takes an hour to get them ready for the oven. I have making them down to a fine art. Get the bread machine making the dough, row out the dough and cut into 8 pieces. Form them into balls and let them rest 10 to 15 minutes, while I get the pot of boiling sugar water ready and the oven preheated to 375 degrees and the pan ready with oil and cornmeal on it. I have a round pizza sheet with small holes in it so the heat comes right up from the bottom of the oven and browns the bagels really nice.Then I give the bagels a 1 to 2 minute boil on both sides and place on the sheet. I melt margerine in the micro wave and cover the bagels. I add sesame seeds or poppy seeds or cheese on them and bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. They come out so nice and crispy. I put in a container and put in the fridge to stay good, but one a day for breakfast and they don't last long.




Jasmine wants to say hello to Blondie and envite her to a cat's tea party. What should I tell her.



Hope everyone has a great weekend and stay out of the heat and in the cool. Bye for now. Big hugs from New Brunswick, Canada.



 This a second part to this blog. More photo's of what I have been up to today. Well, earlier this morning.


I set up my greenhouse outside on the porch and planted a whole lot of flowers and vegetables.








I moved my lettuce from the side stairs because the heat was killing them. They wheren't getting allot of shade. Not good for lettuce. So they are in this pot with a couple of tomato plants and seem to like here better. It is easier for me to water them and not be in the heat either.






I planted carrots and beets in this pot yesterday. Will show when they are growing.



Inside the greenhouse at the top is a tomato plant and one holly hocks that came up.Not sure what happened to the rest but have planted more.

Hollyhock plant, parsley, tomato plant at the back and a pot of stock flowers at the front.



I replanted my chocolate begonia in four smaller pots and put them in the greenhouse too.



This container on the right has the last of my hollyhock seeds but if they don't grow I do know where I can get more so these hopefully will grown. The blue pot has pumpkin seeds, and some others I can't think of right now. The two smaller pots have stock seeds in them.



A closer look at my chocolate begonias. I have a baby in the front right pot.

















Two of my climbers came back this year.



 Here is a look at my peonis that we moved last year. I only had one flower on each plant this year. I expect next year they will be in full bloom. It takes a couple of years for them to get use to the move.



 This is the side where the steps are and I planted the peas. See the glad's are not doing so good. They are drying up and not going to flower.




 Here is a closer look. I will try again next year but in a different spot. I tried here and out front last year and still not good. You would thing they would grow because the lilies grow great. Oh, well I will keep trying.


Well, my friends that's it for the extra photo's. Hope you all have a great weekend. Big hugs. See you all later.Bye.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures and stitching. By the way, all my emails to you a undeliverable! Can you and me an mail so I can get the correct address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post ,love your trees ,stitching and photos .
    Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post, I am loving your pine trees, they are so beautiful.
    Your lighthouse is a sweet design, I am going to stitch a lighthouse for Mike maybe for Christmas, his birthday is too near, I would not get it finished.
    your travel photos are beautiful, I love water and being in it.
    Your plants look so healthy, you are doing everything perfect for them to look so good.
    Your bagels look yummy.
    Blondie says oh my yes to a little tea party, she says Jasmine is beautiful.
    Jasmine: you are very lucky to have a wonderful family to live with, some cats are not so lucky.
    Hugs from Blondie to you.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete