Followers

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Seeds in the Greenhouse are Growing.



Well, yesterday was the first official day of Spring. It is still cold and windy here and still lots of snow. Tomorrow and Friday it is suppose to rain. I am hoping it will take away allot of snow with it.

I have been busy planting seeds and am here to show you what is coming up. I tried a romaine lettuce stock like Gracie did and it is growing. Who knew.

I have planted lettuce, morning glory's, holly hooks, and some tomato and cucumber plants. I have also planted some herbs but they are slow to arrive. So here is my greenhouse with some goodies inside. I do have it in a good place and it gets all the afternoon sun and warmth it can. I mist it inside to make humidity. It seems to be working out great. Trial and error they say.   I even have my Christmas cactus in the greenhouse to see how it grows.



 Romaine lettuce in a glass.




 Holly hooks and lettuce.



Herbs are in the small pots.




Holly hooks called summer carnival mix of red, yellow, white and pinks.


This is the lettuce in the small tray and the bigger tray to the right. I just planted yesterday.
 Tulips and daffodils and an Amaryllis bulb still growing.



Morning glory's and tomato's planted yesterday.

It is so nice to see little plants growing and there is still snow on the ground. I am hoping my tulips and daffodils will flower too. 

I was surprised at how fast the seeds came up, not at all the time the package said.

Thank you for coming and leaving me a comment. Will be back when the seeds have gotten bigger and show you how they are doing. Have a great day. Big hugs to all.

4 comments:

  1. How lovely Sis , to have your seed come up so quick .
    The hollyhock when planted should come up every year if you protect them from frost .
    That would be a bucket of soil over them before winter or maybe a upturned bucket over them to protect from frost .
    Enjoy a lovely Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful seed progress. I still have my packets...need to plant them! Hope some of your snow disappears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda Ruth: It is so nice seeing green and not snow mud or brown ground.
    Thank-you for sharing your starter garden with us.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will not put up with Arabic comments so don't leave any. If you can't speak and write English don't comment on my blog. I don't have time for stupid garbage put on my blog. Stay out of my business.

    ReplyDelete