Followers

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Roses, bread and stitching sheep.



Not a lot going on here these days, the weather is very cold and not much more snow. We still have lots and I throw out stall bread for the birds to have. Get quite a few coming to enough the feast. I don't like store bread when it gets a few too many days old. It starts to smell moldy and I won't eat it or let Dave eat any. I guess I am picky that way.  I like to make fresh bread and have been using my new bread machine quite a bit lately.

Here is a loaf from the machine. Only thing is I always have to dig the paddles out of the bottom of the bread each time it is done. I never had to with the old machine but it only had one and it was stuck to the bottom of the pan for some reason it would not come out. So I just washed the pan with it in the bottom. At least I always knew where it was when I wanted to make bread or dough.



 Here is a look at the loaf of bread I made the other day.



 It definitely has a weird shape to it. It never seems to rise in a perfect form. Each time it looks like this. The bread is always good so I guess this is just how it rises in the pan.



 My Amaryllis bulb is starting to open up really nice and I so love the colour. There is only one flower on this stem but another one is showing at the bottom of  the plant at the base of the pot so I think in a week or two I may have another flower showing. Will let you know how it goes. The colour reminds me of cotton candy.





 ROSES NEVER LAST VERY LONG.

As you can see the roses failed to stay very long. I rather have small rose bushes in my garden than roses in the house in a vase. The carnations are still going strong.



 I got myself a little tree to hang small cross stitch pillows on it. Got it for half price after Christmas in the grocery store if you can believe that. I should have gotten two but was not thinking at the time. Oh, well one will do for now.



 Okay, last blog I ask a question and got lots of answers. Thanks for clearing the air for me. I did decide to stitch the chart any way and this is how far I am. It will not look like the original one  because I am not using the same floss colours. I am going to do pale blue on the sheep and maybe a rose colour on the flowers. I have to put floss onto the cloth to see what colours I like. I really like the way it is turning out.

 I sent away for more charts and one is for the little boys. It is a birth announcement chart and I can't wait to start them. I have to make two. One for David and one for Edwin. I must email Carla to see how everyone is doing. Haven't heard from them in awhile. You know how it is with little ones to take care of. She dose have her hands full. Oh, well that's the life of being a mother.



Well, I am headed to the kitchen to put some ribs in for supper. Slow cooking is the way to go. Going to get a coffee while I am there. Take care and enjoy your week. Will, be back to show my stitch sheep finish when done. Bye for now. Thanks for coming by. Big hugs to all.


Update for you.

My Amaryllis bulb is in full bloom and I have managed to finish stitching my sheep chart. I will now show you what the bulb and the stitching look like. I still have to figure out what fabric will be used to finish the sheep into a pillow, so here you are.





Hope you all have a good week. Hugs

4 comments:

  1. Lynda Ruth: Ribs are my favorite meal.
    The bread looks yummy, there is nothing better then hot fresh bread with loads of yummy butter.
    I am sure it was a mistake when printed, mine has all the printing and sheep going in the same direction which is upside down from the one you are stitching, I worked for a printing company for many years, mistakes can be made.
    I am totally loving that tree, I am looking forward to seeing your tree filled.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking loaf of bread. The sheep look great. Hope you and Dave are staying nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bread looks wonderful and I bet it is yummy , keep warm hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flowers are so pretty, and what a cute idea the tree to hang your little pillows on. And don't you love getting a bargin. I haven't used my bread machine in ages. In fact, I'm not sure where it is. Perhaps I should look for it. It's pretty old, wonder if it still works. Used to really enjoy using it, but your loaf looks much bigger than I remember mine being.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete