Followers

Friday, January 25, 2019

ICE, ICE AND MORE ICE.


We woke up to this mess this morning and I hate it. We had rain and a little warmer weather yesterday and now we have a skating rink or should I say skateing driveway. It is all covered in ice and thick ice. We are suppose to have a new mattress from Sleep Country delivered tomorrow. I don't think that is going to happen. I am not going to be responsible for someone getting hurt. So it will be delayed until maybe next weekend.

 So this is what our driveway looks like. Ice,ice and more ice. Not a safe place to try and walk.



See how thick this ice is. Dave is going to try and put salt and sand on it, but I don't think that will work that great.
 It looks to be a couple of inches thick.


I don't see how anyone could drive up this ice sheet.  Anyone want to go skating. This winter sure is different from the last winter, snow, rain, ice and melting. If this isn't globe warming what is?

 This driveway is at a 20 degree slope and hard to drive up with just a bit of ice under snow, who could drive up this mess. I know I can't and won't even try going out.



I hate ice and snow and winter. Where is Spring.




Dave just went out to put sand and salt on the driveway but he ran out of both. We will just let it melt on it's own. I have no place to go and if need be I can call Loretta and ask her to get me what I need. Their driveway is clear of ice.

You know I called the guy at Sleep Country to tell him that we did not want delivery tomorrow and why and he said to me," Oh, it's okay the guy deliver in any weather and condition." Well, we have a driveway that raises 20 degrees  and if you don't know how to drive up it you will not make it to the top. I had him call me back and Dave answered the phone. How come when a woman talks to a man they don't listen to you, but if a man talks to a man they listen. What's up with that.

 Oh, well on to better things.


I found a new recipe for bagels and you don't have to boil them. Just mix in bread machine, let rise 30 minutes after making them into bagels and then bake for 20 minutes in a 350 oven.

All you need is-- 2 1/4 cups warm water, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 4 cups flour and 2 1/4 tsp of yeast. Put in Bread machine and start dough cycle.
Take out of machine and roll into a log and divide into 10 pieces and roll in hand to make round and put finger thru to make a bagel. Place on greased sheet and put cheese or what ever else you want on them. I chopped up olives and put them on with a little ham and cheese and they are so good.


 Cook for 20 minutes but check them after 15 to make sure they don't burn on the bottom. You can always turn the heat down.  This is what you get when they are done.

Nice and big and chewy.  Yummy.



I also made a pizza for supper last night. Made two things at once.   Multitasking.


I cleaned my fishes tank and rearranged their homes again. They like to have different things to explore. It keeps them happy and not bored. I would be bored if my house looked the same all the time.


I did some stitching.


I found a little chicken  chart on Pinterest and stitched it. It only took an hour to do. I did it on a 11 count adia cloth. I like adia better than 14 count. My eyes don't see so good on 14 and I make mistakes to fog out. Not with 11 count.


I also started this one the other day and did a bit more on it last night. I am trying to do little charts so I don't get to bored and stop stitching all together. I am using my own colours and not the ones on the chart.
 What do you think?




 I think it will be nice hanging on my tree when done.






























Well, I just made myself a coffee and am going to look on Pinterest for more small charts to do or charts that have things in them that I want to do. Hope you all have a great weekend. Big hugs. Talk to you all later and thanks for stopping by to visit and see what I have been up to in my little part of the world. Bye.





5 comments:

  1. Nice snow, it's been sooo hot here. Nice stitching and can I come over your bagels look yum lol happy stitching my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrr… all that ice. I like the bagel recipe and will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so cold there , I hate winter too , be carful on that ice .
    Love your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that ice looks scary--I am terrified of driving or falling on ice, so I just stay inside now that I'm retired :) Those bagels look fabulous--that is my biggest weakness, homemade breads! Lovely stitching--stay inside and stitch the day away I say!

    ReplyDelete