Followers

Saturday, January 5, 2019

My Birthday Today



I can't believe 2018 is gone already and most of all I can't believe I am 70 today. My,  time flies when you are having growing up. I can still remember being a kid and wondering how people get old feel. Now, I know.

 I got a lovely banquet of roses and carnations from my children this morning.


 All the colours of the rainbow in this one vase.



 I got a lovely card from my husband who says that he can't buy me flowers because the kids always do. I told him to wait until summer and pick me a handful of daisies.
 He is taking me out to supper later. Chicken and shrimp and a cake too.



My wonderful friend June sent me these lovely goodies with my Christmas parcel and I have waited patiently to open the package today.  Mind you it was sitting on the table by my chair and I would often look at it and wonder what was inside. Not disappointed at all. I love all these goodies made my June especially for me.
And I so love the card with the kitties and pony on it.



They look like they are having a conversation among themselves. Oh, to be able to hear what they are saying to each other.



I spent yesterday cleaning out my fish tank and making their home allot cleaner. I like a clean fish tank and I rearranged their castles and coral and other items to make them not get bored with their home. I know I get bored with things being the same and want to change them up so why wouldn't fish want a different habitation.



It nice to sit and watch them swimming around in their tank and all the inter actions that go on. Boy, you should see them when it is breakfast and dinner time. They really get going and swim to the surface for their food.

Well, I must go and have some more tea. Hope to see you hear soon. Big hugs  Take care of yourselves.


10 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday! 70 years young!!
    All the best for 2019 too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your day to the most! Love your fishes :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful flowers on your birthday! Happy Birthday Lynda Ruth!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to you, pretty flowers and love the cross stitch kit you got too. Happy stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday ,lovely flowers wishing you a lovely week .
    I saw this card and I knew it was for you big hugs .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday. Lovely flowers and card. Enjoy your birthday dinner out. ARe you flowers on your stove? Remember, you're not getting older, you're getting better....just like fine wine.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the flowers are on the stove top and I have a new stove top and bread machine for Christmas.

      Delete
  7. Lynda Ruth: Happy Birthday, I will be 68 this month and loving it.
    Beautiful flowers and gifts.
    My favorite flower is the Daisy, I had Daisy bouquets for my flowers in my wedding.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you had a lovely birthday, Lynda Ruth! Such pretty gifts from June, too--she is so sweet! There seem to be a lot of January birthdays--I will be 64 next week. Where have the years gone?! Wishing you a lovely year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many happy returns! AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete