Followers

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Halloween Hop Blog.

                                                        The Raven


Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore, While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping, as of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. "Tis some visiter," I mutterd,"tapping at my chamber door. Only this, and nothing more.

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December, and each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor. Eagerly I wished the morrow;--vainly I had sought to borrow From my books sucease of sorrow ----sorrow for the lost lenore---For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore---Nameless here for evermore.

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain Thrilled me--filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before:
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating "Tis some visiter entreating entrance at my chamber door----Some late visiter entreating entrance at my chamber door;---this it is, and nothing more."

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door; And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming, And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor; And my soul from out that shadow that lies flating on the floor Shall be lifted--NEVERMORE!



(I did not stitch this, I borrowed it)




Even my fish are into Halloween.





Hello everyone, I joined Jo's Halloween blog hop this year and this is my pillow I made and finished with the help of a tutorial from Anne in New South Wales, Australia. I tried to email her but it would not work so thanks Anne for the wonderful tutorial on making a Halloween pillow. Now to show you my pillow.










 And this is my letter i.


   The next letter you will have to go to http://aridnefromgreece.blogspot.com/ to get it. Then go to www.serendipitousstitching.blogspot.co.uk find more letters.

 Have Fun.

20 comments:

  1. Love the pot..Thank you for letter i

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stitching on both counts. I have a lot of this poem memorized. Perfect for today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pillow! Thanks for the fun post. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this poem. I have a Nevermore dress it's wicked. Happy Halloween and thanks for the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I like your post and little pillow. Happy Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking part in the Hallowe'en Blog Hop this year. Your bag is great. I love the Nevermore piece, you should stitch that for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha love the dogs, so cute. I must ask DH if he wants a spook for his fish,thanks for the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pillow for nice dreams. Love dogs and fish. Thanks for the letter. Joyeux Halloween. Amicalement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stitching! Thanks for the letter

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've stitched part of that piece, the blue looks cool.
    Such sweet pups and I'm sure happy fish!
    Your finish looks great, wonderful job on your first pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello I'm haunting my way through collecting letters. Love your fish display and your too cute pillow finish. Hope you had a fantastic Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for including "The Raven"! I love that poem.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute post, Lynda! So glad the fish enjoy Halloween, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh, I love the Raven - both the poem and the stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your stitching.
    I love The raven too.
    Thanks for sending people to my blog.
    AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Even the fish are festive; that's so great! Your pillow turned out nice too. Thank you for the letter and hope you had a Happy Halloween~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your pillow! Nice Halloween decorations, too. And thanks for the letter--I had to look hard to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the letter and the poem - I think I never read the entire thing before, but I did enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete