Followers

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

6 Day Till Christmas


Where has the year gone. I am amazed how time has flown so fast. I can remember just yesterday it was January and now it's almost Christmas. Soon it will be 2019 and a new year to start all over again.
We just had a two day snow storm and I love it's beauty but not the cleaning up after. At least hubby did not have to work in the storm and could go out this afternoon and plow the driveway.
I do so love to take photo's of the snow. The trees look so splendid covered in snow and standing tall.






These are foot prints of my mailman who bless his heart delivered to  my door a parcel from my dear sis in England, June. He did not have to walk thru all that snow to bring it to my door, but he is so kind and caring. He will be getting a great present for Christmas.



Do you like the wreath on my front door. I love it. I got it a couple of years back and just love it on the door. It dose look festive.



Here is my tree for this Christmas and June's parcel sitting under the tree waiting to be opened on Christmas Day.



I have been busy making crochet stars as coasters and have sent out some for friends to enjoy.



I also took my tatting thread and made smaller ones to go on my tree, here is one without the white, just waiting to be finished.



Here is one on the tree that is finished. I like how they turned out. You put the branch thru the top hole of the star, no strings needed.



I put Santa stitching down so I could do this stitch instead and now will make an ornament out of it to go on my tree. I thought tree shape would do. What do you think?



My newest grandson has been home for a week now but I haven't heard how he is doing or how Carla and David are either. Momma must be really busy with two little guys to take care of. I will post photo's when I get some more. Well, I am off to make supper. Take care until next time and thanks for stopping by to read my blog. I so enjoy reading all your comments. Big hugs from snowy Canada.

6 comments:

  1. Your snow pictures are lovely! Out west it's raindrops and wind.
    I agree, definitely a tree shape for your stitching. Your tree looks very festive.

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda Ruth: Your crochet stars are lovely.
    Your Christmas Wreath is beautiful.
    I love your tree.
    We have no snow left it will be raining this week it has been in the forty the last few days.

    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your header ,and your tree and wreath looks wonderful.
    Love your new stitch too ,and your darling stars.
    Christmas kisses to you and your family hugs .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crochet and tatted stars ar very nice. Goodness....lots of snow indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so much snow! Have great holidays! AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please keep the snow up there in Canada. I'm not a fan of snow and am glad we seem to have less in recent years. When I was younger I liked it, but now it makes me groan. The cold hurts the arthritis and generally has me counting days til spring, which will be here soon I know. Cause like you said, time sure passes us by quickly. Seems the year gets faster as we get a bit older. Why is that I wonder? Stay safe, and warm. What a sweet mail carrier you have. We no longer have a regular one. I sure miss that. Had one we adored, but they re-assigned him to a different area. None of us neighbors were happy about it. Cute tree.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete