Followers

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Leftovers and Birthday Photo's



Hi, everyone how was your week. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving with family and friends and all who went shopping on Black Friday had a safe and fun time shopping.

Me I did not go shopping or out at all. Too darn cold up here the last few days and the snow storm and winds made me decide staying inside was a very good idea. I did not even go for the mail because the postal service is having a Canada wide strike so no mail for now. I do hope they get back to work soon.

Okay, I made a quiche on Thursday and it turn out yummy as usual. I should have been a chef. I took leftover chicken, 5 eggs, grated potato, carrot, cheese, russet apple and I took a slice of my homemade bread and torn it into inch size pieces. I used canned carnation milk and mixed it all together. I made some bread crumbs, sprinkled over the top and then some more cheese and alittle parsley on top. Put it into a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Boy, did  it smell great. When it came out of the oven, it tasted even yummier than expected. Dave dose not eat eggs so it was all mine and I ate half of it that night. Did you know it was even better the next day for breakfast. I guess I should show you what it looked like.


Here is a even closer look at all that goodness. Yummy.  Even nice and browned on the bottom. It's amazing what you can make with leftovers if you think about it. I always have been good at putting leftovers together and coming up with great dishes. Maybe I should write a cook book on what you can make with leftovers.




I looked out the front window on Friday Morning and to my surprise I saw this at the bottom of my driveway. What a great surprise to see.



The snow was so bright my camera had a hard time focusing on what picture I wanted to get so this is why the picture is kind of the way it is. If you look close you will see three does.


These are about just as good, but you can see them.

See we still have lots more snow. Yak. I want spring. Winter is too cold.



I finished my first stitching and it looks good. Will make small pillows when I have stitched all that I want to stitch. Maybe four to start off this year with.


 I liked June little cardinal on the mail box and thought I would stitch it on very large count cloth.



I also started the two deer on this chart too.


I must show you the photo's I received from my oldest daughter Crystal. There was a small birthday party for our little boy David who had his first birthday on November 9th. Here are some nice photo's.


 Top photo is mom and David having some birthday cake. I like his tee shirt.
 This is Kim with David and Symia, she is David's cousin, a few months younger.
 Mom and David. Mom moved her head, but it still is a good photo.
 This is Crystal with David. there is a very strong bond between the two of them.


 This is my son Matthew, there is a bond between these two as well. Matthew wears a hoodie all the time because he is bald and doesn't like to show off his head. Silly boy.


And finally a photo of all my kids in one place. I don't get very many of them together. The new baby will be coming by C-section on the 12th of December. Can't wait to find out if it is a girl. Would really be great to have a grandson and a granddaughter.

Well, that's it for now, I will let you all know when the baby is born. For now thanks for coming and I hope all of you have a safe and happy weekend. Big hugs to all my friends. Till next time. Enjoy life.

5 comments:

  1. What lovely family photos and the birthday boy .
    All that snow already , love the deer , and the one you are stitching of deer's I have started that one too.

    Great minds think alike ha .

    Yummy meals and lovely stitching .

    Have a great day .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos. Stay warm! I hope that postal strike ends soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great photo of your children, I wish you all the best for the birth and keep your fingers crossed that it is a girl.
    Thank you for your comment with me.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynda Ruth: Oh my the family photos are adorable, I hate snow, I think spring should be six months long and summer six months long.
    Your Cardinal is a lovely design, I am looking forward to seeing your new designs finished.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your casserole sounds good, great way to use up left overs, though I probably would have done it without the chicken. Those snow pictures make me want to scream, I hate snow and it looks so bitter where you are. Glad you had the family together.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete