Followers

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

September Already

St. Martins Caves



Can't believe it's September already. Time flies when your having fun they say. Well, I have been busy tumbling rocks, on the second week right now. Got some good rocks from St. Martins on our last trip two weeks ago. It was not a busy day there.
I am using my big tumbler and it's outside on the porch doing it's job.








 See how quiet the place is, hardly anyone around. There where a few people out in a number of kayaks and a tour boat. But no one swimming or collecting rocks or sea shells and the tide was in close to the shore.



 We decided to have lunch which I brought and relax before we went to get some rocks. In the background behind Dave is a house and on the deck is a dog. I was sure it was alife but it never moved so I took a  picture and sure enough it is not a real dog. It is a statue of a dog.




 See in this close up that the dog looks real but is not.


 Here is the tour boat headed out to see, maybe to see some whales. I don't know.


 And the kayaks on their way for some fun in the sun.



The covered bridge has now been blocked off from driving thru it. I guess they want to keep it in good shape since most of the covered bridges are getting rundown.
 They made a good bridge to drive over instead of going thru the bridge.

Nice picture of the lighthouse on the other side of the bridge.

 I have made myself some beets, and mustard beans and now I made some bread and butter pickles for the winter.




I got myself a couple of betta fish, one male and one female for my aquarium.
 This is the male
 This is the female.
I kind of last interest in stitching for awhile. I think I will maybe fell like stitching later on this month. Right now I just have no interest. I am working on knitting some dish clothes and almost finished the blue one. Here is a picture, it should be done soon if I can just keep it in hand long enough to finish.



Well, I am off to put the laundry in the dryer and have another cup of tea and a bagel for lunch. I hope everyone has a great day and a good week. If any one wants to see some really amazing Dahlias go to Garden Grumbles and Cross Stitch Fumbles in my side bar of blogs I follow and check out her sister's amazing flowers. She has won many ribbons for her breathtakingly beautiful Dahlias. I wish I had some in my garden. You have to visit just to admire all the entries. I would love to have been there to look at all the Dahlias, never seen so many beautiful flowers in my life and I wish her sister all the best in the up coming mid September show.
Hope everyone goes over and have a look. Take care and thanks for coming bye. Big hugs from New Brunswick.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the pictures....I think our interests change every so often and we need to take a break and try something else. Be sure to show us the tumbled rocks when they finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis lovely photos ,yes everyone needs a break some times ,I always keep a box of stitching kitted up keep me busy then some times I knit, but cross stitch is my first love , it makes me rest and I go into a world of my own .

    Enjoy the rest of your week hugs .

    ReplyDelete
  3. We kept fish when the kids were little. They sure are pretty. Hugs from Wisconsin Lynda Ruth!

    ReplyDelete