Followers

Monday, July 28, 2014

St. Martin's Parade and Car Show.




Saturday was a lovely warm day so we went to a Car Show in St.Martin's and had a grand time, It's a small village that lives on the coast of the Fundy Bay and it has a nice beach and a couple of covered bridges. It also has a nice harbor for fishing boats. But every year at this time they have a car show and a parade down main street to show off some of the cars and they have home made floats in too. Following is a picture of the parade and some of the floats and cars in it.















                                                                           
We all lined up before the start and I got a picture from the side mirror of the car.












Even the Shinners  got into the parade and the fire department had their mascot on board too.








Here's a better picture of the mascot.












Can't have a parade without a train.












And we are off, driving very slowly down main street.














Here's a lady showing off her dog.














Some of the floats in the parade.












Here you see the pipper's they where the first in line to go down main street.










 I just loved this house.
 The kids where having a great time.
 Every one was waving and enjoying the day.
 Do you want some cotton candy, I got me some and it's good.







































One of the covered bridges.
















The harbor with some fishing boats.












 our car sitting on a hill after the parade, we had so many people commenting on how nice our car was and the little boys liked it too.





Some having fun on the beach.












"We even had a two man band that where pretty good.











This is a parade of our own on the way home. Lots of country roads but the scenery was fantastic.

Hope you enjoyed seeing what we did on the weekend, I have no stitching to show because I am doing a couple of secret stitches. Will show when done. Thanks for stopping by to see what fun we had this weekend. Just another little part of my world.


Thought you might like to see how my garden is growing.













































How grand is this all in tires and no weeds to pull out, in another week I should have lots of beans and peas and some zucchini. Bye now.

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful time you had the weekend.
    Love your car.
    OMG your veg are growing so big , well done Sis .
    Wishing you a lovely week, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tee hee! Do you know what part I loved?! The lady and her poodle on the side of the parade. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love parades--such fun! We even have Shriners here--I've seen them in little go carts, as well as riding on little "camel" things like the go carts!! Too cute!
    Your garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lynda Ruth

    Thank you for following my blog.
    What great photos, it's looks like you had a great time!
    Your blog is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun tradition! I love parades, but I am definitely a bigger fan of car shows. The fact that they both have my favorites in one event is so thrilling. How I wish I could've been there. Looks like everyone enjoyed their time. You would've caught me staring at your lovely car as well, if I were there. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that! :)

    Lance Gross @ Royal on the Eastside

    ReplyDelete